[Zope3-dev] product installer? because of bootstrap hock

Roger ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Sat Feb 28 10:08:46 EST 2004

Dear zope3 dev members,

If somebody is developing a product with a own service and
content objects in this service. They have to install the
service first and add content objects via TTW to this service.
Or add the service via own bootstrap class.

For Zope stuff, this is done in app.process.bootstrap.py

Now somebody is developing a product there whould be nice to have
a product installer service.

The product installer service should do:
1. register services to the installer with .zcml
2. bootstrap the registred services
3. register content objects to the service (if needed)
   or do somthing with the content objects and service.
4. Deinstall the product in TTW (this should deinstall
   the services and make shure next time we start zope
   we don't have broken services in zodb.)

5. Perhaps we can also install the product via TTW

I'm realy not sure if there is such a mechanism
allready in Zope3. Perhaps I missed somthing?

Is anybody starting somthing like this?

Or should I first develope a product like this
in Zope3 Products. That we can see it's usable?

regards
Roger