[Zope3-dev] Advice on CVS corrections

Dave Harris dpharris76 at msn.com
Tue Jan 6 20:50:33 EST 2004

I recently posted information about necessary corrections to Zope3 files. I
received two acknowledgements on the first post (fixing zodb/zeo in
zeo/schema.xml) that the change was warranted.

I looked at Zope3 CVS today and I see that neither change has been applied.

At the risk of appearing foolish, was I supposed to checkin the changes? I
don't currently have permission to do so - should I seek permission?

I'm relatively new to Python so I doubt I can contribute much to the heavy
lifting (I do have over 20 years of UNIX/C experience though). I figured I
would work around the edges and solve the bugs that I find (rather than just
post bug reports.) Is that presumptuous? As a newcomer, should I simply
stick a pin in the map and let the professionals handle the details?

Thanks for any feedback,
Dave Harris