[Zope3-dev] Re: RFC: Unification of requests and security contextsthrough Use

Dominik Huber dominik.huber at projekt01.ch
Wed Jan 21 12:48:39 EST 2004

Steve Alexander wrote:
[...]
> I just talked with Jim about this, and about a puppet metaphor. We
> discussed that if we follow this metaphor, we can change the
> diagram in
> the proposal to dispense with "Actor", and just have a Use know about
> Participations, each Participation having Principals. This is pretty
> close to Phillip's revised diagram.

Before you dispense with "Actor" I have small question:

There were many discussions about the fact that multiple principals can be
associated with the same user. If "Actor" is an object that represents an
external entity which is using the system, would it reference the similar
entity like user?

Thank's
Dominik