[Zope3-dev] Re: Can we provide a Zope3 Collective?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Jul 1 13:54:03 EDT 2004

Stephan Richter wrote:

> On Thursday 01 July 2004 10:59, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>
>>- IP is assigned to ZC in half. *That* is probably the most un-neutral
>>things of all.
>

> Not with ZPL 2.1. That's the reason the Zope 3 code has switched to it. People
> do not need to assign ownership to ZC anymore.

That is something completely different than what I'm talking about. I
know ZPL 2.1 allows people to assign the copyright of ZPL'ed software to
them instead of ZC. However, stuff in the zope.org repository
automatically is half owned by ZC, as the contributor agreements states:

3. Legal Effect of Contribution. Upon committing a change or new work to
the Zope source Repository (a "Contribution"), you agree to assign, and
hereby do assign, a one-half interest of all right, title and interest
in and to copyright and other intellectual property rights with respect
to your new and original portions of the Contribution to Zope Corporation

Philipp