AW: [Zope3-dev] Re: AW: Where should we place 3rd party packages?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sat Jul 3 14:11:30 EDT 2004

Roger ineichen wrote:

> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>
>>Roger ineichen wrote:
>>I agree that it would be a good thing to have a *default*
>>location for
>>Python packages. But I think we already do, INSTANCE_HOME/lib/python.
>>And then, Python always has /usr/lib/python/site-packages...
>
> Sorry I didn't got this right.
>
> Ho can I include a configure.zcml if I put a package
> to INSTANCE_HOME/lib/python.
>
> like in a top-level package "addons":
> <include package="addons.ldapauth"/>

Let INSTANCE_HOME be the directory of your Zope X3 instance. There is an
INSTANCE_HOME/lib/python directory that is suitable for installing extra
packages for this particular instances. Simply put your python packages
there, e.g.:

$ cd INSTANCE_HOME/lib/python
$ svn co svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/ldapauth

or

$ cd INSTANCE_HOME/lib/python
$ tar xzf ldapauth.tgz

or

$ tar xzf ldapauth.tgz
$ cd ldapauth
$ python2.3 setup.py --home INSTANCE_HOME

Then you need to edit INSTANCE_HOME/etc/zope.conf to include
INSTANCE_HOME/lib/python in the python path:

path INSTANCE_HOME/lib/python

That should do it.

Philipp