[Zope3-dev] Propose interface change (well not really)

Nicolas Évrard nicoe at altern.org
Wed Jul 7 17:43:30 EDT 2004

* Stephan Richter  [22:50 07/07/04 CEST]:
>On Wednesday 07 July 2004 16:28, Nicolas Évrard wrote:
>> This way I think SimplePrincipal might be used by any principal source
>> implementing IPrincipalSourceContainer.
>
>But this is not as good as you might think, since you do not want to be able
>to have LDAPSimplePrincipals in BTreePrincipalContainers. What you should od
>instead is develop a base principal that can be used for all the other
>implementations.

I think SimplePrincipal might be this base principal. There is, for now, no
LDAPSimplePrincipal. At first I though I would create one but then I
realised it would require just the modification of the line
"implements(...)".

When I do the proposed changed, everything is working fine. Maybe to
make things clear we should rename SimplePrincipal to
ContainedPrincipal. If someone wants to specialize a Principal, it could
inherit from ContainedPrincipal and add interfaces or anything he sees
fit.

--
(°>  Nicolas Évrard
/ )  Liège - Belgique