[Zope3-dev] Maintaining zope.app.schemagen

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Fri Jul 9 03:35:36 EDT 2004

Stephan Richter wrote:
> is one of you willing to maintain zope.app.schemagen? If so, it has 7 XXX's
> that need to be resolved and I think the package needs updating to create
> meaningful code based on API changes.
>
> If not, I will remove it with Jim's consent.

I'm not currently up to maintaining schemagen, which has no practical
utility at this stage as far as I can see anyway. It was created in
particular to support through the web schema creation, but:

   * some assumptions about through the web development changed

   * there is another system for through the web schema creation that
you and Sidnei created, right?

While I like some of the ideas in it and perhaps some of the code can be
salvaged later, I don't have the bandwidth. So unless Steve objects feel
free to remove it.

Regards,

Martijn