[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-checkins] SVN: Zope3/trunk/src/zope/app/pagetemplate/tests/test_viewzpt.py Removed XXX comment that questioned correct behavior. If someone wants to

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Mon Jul 12 10:01:23 EDT 2004

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Chris Withers wrote:
>
>> Stephan Richter wrote:
>>
>>> Log message for revision 26292:
>>>
>>> Removed XXX comment that questioned correct behavior. If someone
>>> wants to
>>> change that behavior then it should be discussed on the list first.
>>

>> I do hope this is beign discussed on a mailing list then, since just
>> glancing through, I strongly agree with whoever put in that XXX...
>

> Let's discuss it then.  But this is *not* what XXX comments are for.
> The author of the XXX comment should have discusssed the issue on the
> list, come to a decision and provided a comment with an explanation.

That seems reasonable, going forward.  However, the point I saw Chris
make was that suppressing the 'XXX' was just sweeping dirt under the
rug;  Stephan's assertion that the behavior was correct was certainly
debatable, but would not have been debated at all if Chris hadn't objected.

The desire to clear out deadwood 'XXX' comments should not trump a
careful examination of what caused them to be present.

> In this case, I agree with you that a guessed content type
> shouldn't override an explicitly given one.  I think it would be good
> to fix that.
>
> Wanna fix it?  If not, would you mind submitting a collector entry?

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com