[Zope3-dev] Including utilities with a release package

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Jul 14 12:12:31 EDT 2004

Fred Drake wrote:

> On Wednesday 14 July 2004 11:11 am, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>  > After having realized that a release package of Zope X3 does not contain
>  > the useful utilities like i18nextract and importchecker, I filed
>  > http://collector.zope.org/Zope3-dev/243.  In a chat with Fred, we came
>  > to the conclusion that those should be provided in SOFTWARE_HOME/bin.
>
> I think we do need to be a little careful with some of them though.  rst2html,
> in particular, relies on files that are not currently in the installation
> (style sheets and an image file in doc/style/).  I'll have to figure out what
> the right thing to do is about this one.  It's also not clear whether anyone
> other then myself knows about it (or would care if they did).

That's fine, we don't have to move all of them. My current candidates are:

- i18nextract.py, i18nstats.py, i18nmergeall.py  (for obvious reasons)
- importchecker.py, importorder.py
- unittestgui.py

- importtool / finddeps.py  (useful for people who later want to use
zpkg to package their software). These sound identical, btw. Where's the
difference between importtool and finddeps.py?

The others seem specific to Zope development and could stay where they are.

Philipp