[Zope3-dev] Re: svn tag vs. released tarball

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Wed Jul 14 17:20:47 EDT 2004

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 01:18:13PM -0400, Fred Drake wrote:
| On Wednesday 14 July 2004 11:47 am, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
|  > I can see how that would be true.  Maybe it would be a good idea to
|  > remove the excluded directories from svn?  After all, the "tag" is
|  > just a version-controlled directory.
|
| Yeah, modulo project policies.

I can't argue with that :-).

| I think the relevant directories have been removed from the branch,
| so future tags on the branch will reflect the right set of
| directories.  That's good enough for me.

Yeah, that will be good moving forward.  The beta1 tag (and, I assume,
the alpha tags) can be written off as a learning experience.

-D

--
For society, it's probably a good thing that engineers value function
over appearance.  For example, you wouldn't want engineers to build

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber: dman at dman13.dyndns.org