[Zope3-dev] Possible bug in editform

Garrett Smith garrett at mojave-corp.com
Fri Jul 16 17:13:48 EDT 2004

I think this is bug, but wanted to get feedback from the list.

When you update an object and the form has widget errors, any values
that were successfully updated by widgets (i.e. no errors) are committed
to the database.

I suppose this could be viewed as a feature -- the form applied whatever
changes it could. But this behavior surprised me -- I would expect that
either all modified values are updated, or none are.

As to the solution, I have a get_transaction().abort() in the edit form,
where it handles the widgets errors.

  -- Garrett