[Zope3-dev] lost some functionality in DocFileSuite

Garrett Smith garrett at mojave-corp.com
Fri Jul 23 16:22:00 EDT 2004

All of our tests are doctests, so it's very useful to have DocFileSuite
configure doctests with function names that can be used to run specific
tests on the command line. E.g. if my doctest is defined in 'foo.txt',
I'd like to be able to run it using something like:

   test.py . foo

This used to work, but the recent (and excellent) improvements to
DocFileSuite omitted this functionality.

I'd like to reinstate this functionality, but perhaps its time to get
some feedback from the list as to what's desirable.

I think it's essential that we be able to apply function/file selection
patterns when running tests.

  -- Garrett