[Zope3-dev] Precompiled configuration: a dead end

Marius Gedminas mgedmin at b4net.lt
Sat Jul 24 09:05:18 EDT 2004

On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 02:13:41PM +0300, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> The result of this experiment: unpickling context.actions shaves off
> about 0.3 seconds from the startup time as opposed to parsing ZCMLs.
> That is, pickle.load eats up 5.1 seconds, while include(...) eats up 5.4
> seconds (2.1 for imports + 3.3 for parsing).

Using cPickle (thanks, Jim!) instead of pickle reduces the load time to
3.2 seconds.  In theory this could reduce the startup time by almost 30%
(2.2 seconds out of 7.6), at the expense of having to manually "compile"
ZCMLs when you change them.

Now if I only could get the unpickled actions to actually work...

Marius Gedminas
--
What can I do with Python that I can't do with C#?  You can go home on time at
the end of the day.