[Zope3-dev] Re: idea: attr:foo addition to tal

Joe Geldart jgeldart at netalleynetworks.com
Sat Jul 24 07:10:12 EDT 2004

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 11:06:42 +0200, Tonico Strasser wrote:

> Steve Alexander wrote:
>
>> I was writing yet another tal:attributes expression, when I had the
>> following idea.
>>
>> How about if there were an 'attr' namespace that the tales interpreter
>> understands that replaces attributes?
> -1 for me.
>
>    <a attr:xml:lang="here/lang"/>
>
> Would this be possible? If yes, is it still valid XML?
>
> Tonico

There is a further problem, validation (the issue Tonico raised is one of
well-formedness.) Will the validators accept a namespace such
as 'attr' when they can't tell what is allowed to be in it? ZPT is
supposed to be a roundtrip XML solution, so validation should be an
important concern (just as much as well-formedness).

Joe Geldart
Co-founder, Netalley Networks LLP
http://www.netalleynetworks.com/