[Zope3-dev] Re: idea: attr:foo addition to tal

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 11:18:39 EDT 2004

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 23:34:31 +0100, Stuart Bishop
<stuart at stuartbishop.net> wrote:
> A quick look at the namespaces spec
> seems to tell me that the namespace prefix is 'attr' and
> the attribute name 'xml:lang',
>
> '''The Namespaces in XML Recommendation [XML Names] assigns a meaning
> to names containing colon characters. Therefore, authors should not use
> the colon in XML names except for namespace purposes, but XML
> processors must accept the colon as a name character'''

I don't know what document you're citing here.  This is not from
either the Namespaces in XML specification:

    http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-xml-names-19990114/

or the Namespaces in XML 1.1 specification:

    http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml-names11-20040204/

I'll note that the XML parser used in Zope implements the first
specification, which clearly states that a qualified name can contain
at most one colon, so any attribute containing more than one colon
should not have namespace processing applied.

  -Fred