[Zope3-dev] partial adapters

Steve Alexander steve at z3u.com
Fri Jul 30 04:52:20 EDT 2004

Garrett Smith wrote:
> Did partial adapters ever make it into 3.0?

No.  The semantics for partial adapters haven't been nailed down.  Jim
and I talked about this somewhat at EuroPython.  I had some use-cases
for partial adapters, but really the requirements weren't all that clear
cut.

Partial adapters might appear later, if someone demonstrates a general
need for them that isn't met by existing features of the component
architecture.

Why do you want partial adapters?  Would subscription adapters do what
you need?

--
Steve Alexander