[Zope3-dev] Re: AW: open-sourcing some ZC widgets (was Re: AW: Widgetproblems? Is there work in progress?)

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Tue Jun 1 16:22:30 EDT 2004

Roger ineichen wrote:
> If a widget use javascript, where and how should load them?
> I still think we need a concept for to load additional
> stuff to the ZMI like widgets javascript without to
> hardcode them to the template.

We've essentially run into this problem with kupu. Kupu tries not to be
a widget (we think of it as a client-side in-browser app), but the form
fetishists at plone.org want it as a widget. When you're a widget, you
indeed have no control over what goes into that page's header. ZPT's
macro approach can be interpreted as "you don't need to".

It's really not a problem with JavaScript as <script /> tags can go
anywhere. It's really a problem with CSS styles which we currently have
to hack in from JavaScript. XML pipelines would do the trick, for
example, but that's distant future in Zope, I think.

Philipp