[Zope3-dev] OnlineHelpResource

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Thu Jun 3 16:56:07 EDT 2004

I checked in a fix for Windows-specific test failures in
OnlineHelpResource.__init__(), but while it allows the tests to pass, I
don't think it solves all the potential problems here.

On Windows, binary files must be opened in binary mode, else you'll read
mangled data from them.  I changed that in __init__, but I see now that
OnlineHelpResouce._getData() is still opening files in text mode.

I'm not clear on whether files should *always* be opened in binary mode,
though.  Best guess is that the open() mode should really be determined by
the content type (opening a binary file in text mode is a disaster on
Windows; opening a native text file in binary mode on Windows delivers \r\n
line ends).