[Zope3-dev] package-includes query

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Sat Jun 5 09:20:28 EDT 2004

I just ran into this yesterday:

   - I had moved a bunch of the "add-on" packages aside in
     'package-includes', to verify that things still worked in
     that case (e.g., I renamed 'pythonpage-configure.zcml' to
     'pythonpage-configure.zcml.aside').  This was essentially
     "policy" for my test site, and would be the natural way to
     deactivate unwanted features.

   - However, those files are under SVN, which means that I (or
     somebody else) is likely either to check in such changes,
     or else lose their policy choices, inadvertently.

Maybe we need to port 'mkzopeinstance.py' over pretty quickly,
and begin treating the SVN 'package-includes' as a "skeleton'.
This would allow us to handle creation of a new 'principals.zcml'
more cleanly, as well.

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com