[Zope3-dev] Postgres DA for Zope3 a2,b1

Barry Pederson bp at barryp.org
Sun Jun 6 10:39:37 EDT 2004

Markus Pohlmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there any working Postgres DA for Zope3 (alpha2, beta1)?
>
> I tried the psycopg and the pypgsql, both are broken in conjunction
> with ZopeX3a1 and ZopeX3b1.

I've been working on a Pure-Python PostgreSQL client, which seems to
work OK as far as adding the DA to a site and using the "test" page, but
when you add a "SQL Script", back in the content space an exception is
raised.  Here's the tail end of it from a Beta1 install

--------------------------
2004-06-06T09:29:14 ERROR SiteError
http://localhost:8080/test/+/zope.app.sqlscript.SQLScript%3D
.
.
.
.
File
"/home/barryp/zope/software/ZopeX3-3.0.0b1/lib/python/zope/app/sqlscript/sqlscript.py",
line 56, in __init__
     self.connectionName = connectionName

File
"/home/barryp/zope/software/ZopeX3-3.0.0b1/lib/python/zope/app/sqlscript/sqlscript.py",
line 92, in _setConnectionName
     cache = getCacheForObject(self)

File
"/home/barryp/zope/software/ZopeX3-3.0.0b1/lib/python/zope/app/cache/caching.py",
line 24, in getCacheForObject
     adapter = ICacheable(obj)

File
"/home/barryp/zope/software/ZopeX3-3.0.0b1/lib/python/zope/interface/interface.py",
line 681, in __call__
     raise TypeError("Could not adapt", obj, self)

TypeError: ('Could not adapt', <zope.app.sqlscript.sqlscript.SQLScript
object at 0xa74d8ac>, <InterfaceClass zope.app.cache.interfaces.ICacheable>)

It used to work for me a few weeks back, not sure if the SQLScript class
is broken, or something changed in the API that I need to catch up with.

     Barry