[Zope3-dev] bin/test import problem

Fred Drake fred at zope.com
Wed Jun 9 11:59:43 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 09 June 2004 11:31 am, Nicholas Wieland wrote:
 >     I'm playing with Zope 3 beta 1 on FreeBSD 5.2.1 and I have a strange
 > problem with imports when I run tests.
 > My package is under Zope/lib/python/blog (where Zope is my instance home)
 > with a regular __init__.py inside.

I'm guessing the tests/ directory also includes an __init__.py; is that
correct?

I've not been able to construct a case that fails while just trying to guess
at the import structure you have (the runtime relationships aren't obvious).
Also, you didn't state whether the error occurred when bin/test tried to run
the unit or functional tests; and whether there's a slug in the
etc/package-includes/ that loads lib/python/blog/configure.zcml.

If you'd like me to take a look at this, please send a copy of your software
and any relevant ZCML slugs from the etc/package-includes/ directory in your
instance home.

The bin/test script was tested using a copy of the buddydemo package installed
in an instance, so we're confident that bin/test properly runs both unit and
functional tests.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at zope.com>