[Zope3-dev] Re: [Method specification] (new)

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Jun 16 09:06:13 EDT 2004

Larry Maccherone wrote:
> The text says that the third parameter is not required but wouldn't that
> call for a "z.required = False"?

As I mentioned in the the discussion of the 'default' parameter attribute,
if a default is provided, then a False value for required is implied.

> Also, you mention that "[t]his is the Nevow style of parameter
> definition."  Is there a relationship betweent you (as an individual or
> as Mr. Zope) to Nevow or do you just like the idea?

The Twisted project is adopting Zope interfaces.  Members of that project
use Nevow and expressed a desire to have this functionality for Zope interfaces.
I happen to think Nevow is cool and would like to borrow some ideas from Nevow
in ZPT.

 >  Nevow is a part of
> the div-mod package built on twisted right?

Yup