[Zope3-dev] ANN: Zope3 IsarSprint, Oct 2004

Helmut Merz helmutm at cy55.de
Sat Jun 26 04:14:28 EDT 2004

Hi,

a few weeks ago I already had announced the Zope3 IsarSprint
to take place together with the conference of the
German-speaking Zope user group (http://dzug.org) in
Weihenstephan (near Munich, Germany).

According to Jim's suggestion to use the conference days
also for organizing the sprint we have changed the
schedule, the sprint will now be

  from Thursday, Oct 7 (tutorial) until Thursday, Oct 14.

Up-to-date information about the sprint can be found on the
IsarSprint wiki page: http://isarsprint.org (this is just a
shortcut to the page on dev.zope.org.). Please add your
name to the list of participants if you would like to take
part in the sprint.

If you want to take part or are just interested in getting
more information you should also subscribe to the
IsarSprint mailinglist: please send an email with subject
subscribe to zope3 at isarsprint.org.

What?

Primary goal of the sprint will be to develop "application
components" - whatever is necessary to use Zope3 at least
in simple customer projects just by applying some simple
customizing, and to provide a basis for more complex
solutions. What this really means we'll have to discuss
yet...

Where?

The sprint will take place at the campus of the
Technical University of Munich in Weihenstephan. This is a
part of Freising, a small town some 25 km north of Munich,
close to the Munich airport. As the river Isar crosses both
Munich and then Freising we thought it's a good idea to
call the sprint the "IsarSprint" (And there will also be an
opportunity to visit Munich). Weihenstephan is also the
site the oldest brewery of the world...

When?

The sprint will start on Thursday, October 7, with the Zope3
tutorial (continued on Oct 8) taught by Jim Fulton, and
will end on Thursday, October 14. The tutorial is, of
course, optional for participants that already know enough
about Zope3; the sprint organizing meeting will start in
the afternoon of Oct 8.

During the DZUG meeting on Oct 8-9 there will be the
opportunity to present Zope3 to a greater public. Please
send me an email if you would like to give a lecture or
workshop there.

So much for now...

CU
Helmut