[Zope3-dev] LDAP Authentication source

Nicolas Évrard nicoe at altern.org
Sun Jun 27 20:33:29 EDT 2004

Hello,

I'm currently continuing my journey in zope3 and I stumble accross the
NewPrincipalSource recipe. So instead of copying it verbatim, I tried to
do a ldap version of this one.

I'm now thinking about extending this little product. Adding caching,
and maybe a specialized principal for ldap.

But I wonder, is it really usefull to add such a specialized principal ?
Because in a certain sense this kind of code seems neat:

    >>> foo = source.getPrincipal('foo')
    >>> print foo.sn
    'Fee Fi Fo fun for me'

But this king of information is not related to security and might
(should ?) take place somewhere else.

What are your opinion about it.

--
(°>  Nicolas Évrard