[Zope3-dev] want to avoid persistent module overhead

Garrett Smith garrett at mojave-corp.com
Tue Jun 29 13:10:37 EDT 2004

Is there any way to disable support for persistent modules in Zope 3?
I'm trying to load a module, which works fine in tests/ftests, but run
in to this:

   File "myfile.py", line 35, in __init__
     from kinterbasdb import connect
   File "\Zope3\src\zodbcode\module.py", line 275, in __import__
     return self._saved_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist)
   File "\site-packages\kinterbasdb\__init__.py", line 67, in ?
     import _kinterbasdb as _k
   File "\Zope3\src\zodbcode\module.py", line 275, in __import__
     return self._saved_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist)
   File "\Zope3\src\zodbcode\module.py", line 272, in __import__
     fromlist)
   File "Zope3\src\zodbcode\module.py", line 239, in _import
     mod = registry.findModule(fullname)
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'findModule'

This looks to be a bug in zodbcode, but that's not my main concern -- I
don't want to incur the overhead of looking for persistent modules when
I know our application doesn't have any.

  -- Garrett