[Zope3-dev] Re: Does WebDAV work on X3 Beta1?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Jun 30 05:39:42 EDT 2004

Joachim Werner wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Can anybody please help me with this one? WebDAV is something I really
> need with Zope X3 ...

It's nice that you show a lot of interest in Zope X3. As a Python and
Zope developer you certainly know that

a) you can file collector issues (to the Zope3-dev collector)

b) an error is worth very little without a traceback

c) with a traceback, any developer with a bit of Python experience
(which you certainly have) can track down the problem to a bit more
specific issue, thus laying the ground work for those who go in and fix;
and who knows, you might even end up fixing it yourself...

>> Is WebDAV supposed to work on the Beta1?

If zope.app.dav is in the beta, it should work.

>> If yes, do I have to configure a WebDAV port? How?

No. Zope2 needed this crazy thing of a WebDAV port because it couldn't
tell browser and dav requests apart. Zope3 identifies a WebDAV request
and uses different views than for browser request...

Philipp