[Zope3-dev] Permission volunteers?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Mar 9 06:59:44 EST 2004

Chris Withers wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
>
>> I see there being some sort of ZCML directive that says
>> "whenever you see a declaration requiring permission X,
>> require permission Y instead". This would be something used by
>> someone putting a site together to override default, and
>> presumably fine-grained, permission declarations.
>

> Hmm, what I'd like is ALL the mapping on permissions to the attributes
> they protect (do permissions protect anything else?) to be done in ZCML,
> with users having the ability to override by write ZCML snippets in
> their own packages.
>
> Does that equate to what you said?

Not sure what you mean by "users" and "packages" above.

Developers write default configs, including permission->attribute
assignments, for their software in ZCML.  (The only exception to this
is occasionally, developers will declare zope.Public for some attrs
on some types, typically standard types, in Python.)

An installer, the person who installs Zope and one or more things
products, should be able to override permission assignments in some
systematic way.