[Zope3-dev] Heads up!

Stephan Richter stephan.richter at tufts.edu
Tue Mar 9 08:22:51 EST 2004

Hello everyone,

Note: This message is probably most interesting to Sidnei!

I just removed the factory service and made factories utilities. The
corresponding zapi functions are still available, though getFactory() and
queryFactory() generate deprecation warnings. I also added the former service
method getFactoriesFor() to zapi. Furthermore, the permission attribute of
the factory directives is gone, since now all factories and their
attributes/methods are publically available.

Also, I am about to move the mutable schema stuff out of zope.app.utilities to
zope.app.schema. I think only Sidnei is using them; so Sidnei if you have
issues with that change, let me know. I will provide a modulealias, if
possible. BTW, schema-based content component and content definitions will
move to schemacontent, so that we can ship mutable schemas without the
content

Regards,
Stephan
--