[Zope3-dev] Re: generating log output

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Wed Mar 17 15:20:00 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 01:41:10PM -0500, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
| Does anyone know how to enable logging output?  I'm used to say
| something like "STUPID_LOG_FILE= python test.py" but that has no effect
| with Zope3 (or so it seems).  There's a log.ini that mentions z3.log,
| but it's always empty after I run tests.

I have the following section in zope.conf, and I get the same info in
z3.log as I do on stdout.

<eventlog>
  # This sets up logging to both a file (z3.log) and to standard
  # output (STDOUT).  The "path" setting can be a relative or absolute
  # filesystem path or the tokens STDOUT or STDERR.

  <logfile>
    path z3.log
  </logfile>

  <logfile>
    path STDOUT
  </logfile>
</eventlog>

HTH,
-D

--
One OS to rule them all, one OS to find them,
One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them,

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber: dman at dman13.dyndns.org