[Zope3-dev] Rid the term 'product'

Peter Simmons pete at bcmpweb.com
Fri Mar 19 15:59:08 EST 2004

I think it would definitly be better to use a normal word/name and not
use a bastardised word/name that just makes Zope more special and
further away from main stream which won't help in the long term.

Also whatever is come up with a major thing to remember is to write
decent docs for the exisiting zope comuinity and also for zope newbies,
i..e how to write a 'Product' in Zope 3 that would explain the new term
and 'how to extend zope'

extension seems the most natural word for my mind another that is used
for similar things is plug-in which tends to imply anything from a
simple helper script to interfacing two seperate applications

anyway my two cents :-)