[Zope3-dev] Re: Rid the term 'product'

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Fri Mar 26 17:21:37 EST 2004

Garrett Smith wrote:
> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>
>>Garrett Smith wrote:
>>
>>>We're talking about parsing some ZCML so that extra stuff gets
>>>registered with Zope.
>>
>>Indeed.
>>

>>>My suggestions is to abandon any talk of what this 'thing' is.
>>
>>We will probably never find a correct term :)
>>

>>>Instead, rename the file:
>>>
>>>  products.zcml -> external.zcml
>>>
>>>and document is as being:
>>>
>>>  Configuration for external applications.
>>
>>+1
>>
>>Actually, let's get rid of the file and rename the 'products' dir to
>>'external'.
>

> So, the 'external' directory would contain 'configure.zcml' which would
> be imported by 'site.zcml'?

Well, the 'products' directory already contains a bunch of *-meta.zcml
and *-configure.zcml files. That way, when you install a new package,
packages can simply drop their configuration files in there and get
loaded w/o having to mess in one big file.

The fact that we currently have both 'products.zcml' and 'products' is
confusing and yagni. I think we should just have the dir, and it should
be called 'external'.

Philipp