[Zope3-dev] Re: Rid the term 'product'

Garrett Smith garrett at mojave-corp.com
Sat Mar 27 11:12:56 EST 2004

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> You can't abandon any talk of what this 'thing' is. What are you
> going to call a list of such things? What if you want to tell someone
> to install something? What if I need to install the XML thingy? A
> rather unrealistic proposition in my mind..

I've never heard of an XML Thingy :-)

Could you be more specific? Seriously...if it's a an XML Parser, call it
"XML Parser".

> Anyway, I personally think there's nothing wrong with the words
> 'Zope Extension' and 'Zope Application', where the latter is usually
> composed of (or at least uses) some of the former.

The Zope 3 architects have gone to lengths to get away from Zope
specific terms. I'm afraid the system is too open/flexible to make
'Extension' or 'Application' meaningful for everything that can be run
within the server.

 -- Garrett