[Zope3-dev] Ant/PyAnt for Zope 3 distribution issues

Garrett Smith garrett at mojave-corp.com
Wed Mar 31 20:55:18 EST 2004

I'm currently working with Ant for the first time, and it's a pretty
compelling platform for transactional operations like building, testing,
distributing, etc.

Folks have recently raised some issues about packaging and distribution
for Zope.

Does anyone have experience with Ant (or the Python version, PyAnt) and
understand the current Zope 3 dist issues? I'm wondering if there's a
possible fit here.

(I'm not thinking of using a Java-based tool, but possibly brining PyAnt
up to speed to handle the functionality provided by setup.py and test.py.)

  -- Garrett