[Zope3-dev] Re:End-of-line translation problem

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon May 3 00:14:37 EDT 2004

Tim Peters wrote:
> Jim, doesn't svn try to add an "appropriate" mime-type during an import?

Yes

>  Or
> ... OK, we didn't use import to populate the demo repository, we used some
> conversion script?

Right.

> The reason I ask is that svn:mime-type isn't set on any file in the demo
> repository's Zope3 or Zope parts.

Right.

> The good news is that none of those are corrput in a Windows checkout, since
> svn doesn't do line translation unless explicitly asked to.  The possibly
> bad news is that if the way the Zope3 and Zope repositories were created let
> svn guess whether files are binary, svn's binary detection algorithm must be
> very poor to have missed all the binary files.

No, the conversion creates a dump file and has svn load that. That must bypass
svn's normal processing. Ironically, the CVS files contain the substitution flag
that can tell is whether a file is "binary". The conversion script doesn't
pay any attention to that.  I'll modify out conversion script toset the svn
properties based on the cvs settings.