[Zope3-dev] [svn] Problems using svn+ssh

Christian Heimes heimes at faho.rwth-aachen.de
Tue May 4 20:08:28 EDT 2004

Hi zopistas!

I have some problems using svn+ssh. Jim added me to the svn users today
but I'm not able to use writable checkouts.

Problem 1
=========

My local username differs from the username on svn.zope.org

Solution
========

At first I tried:

~  svn co --username tiran svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/Zope3/trunk

That didn't work because the ssh login didn't work (Permission denied
(publickey,keyboard-interactive).

Next try:

~  svn co --username tiran svn+ssh://tiran@svn.zope.org/Zope3/trunk

Worked a little bit better but the connection required about 20sec to
establised.

Better solution:

~/.ssh/config

Host svn.zope.org
~  Hostname svn.zope.org
~  User tiran

Now I was able to login fast but I got:

~  svn co --username tiran svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/Zope3/trunk
~  svn: No repository found in 'svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/Zope3/trunk'

Problem 2
=========

~  svn co --username tiran svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/Zope3/trunk
~  svn: No repository found in 'svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/Zope3/trunk'

Solution
========

~  None - any ideas?

Christian