[Zope3-dev] Re: Siesia: A new UI for Zope 3

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed May 5 08:27:03 EDT 2004

Stephan Richter wrote:
> Ask Joe (Arnia) or Michael (eaon) on irc or via E-mail. I am **not** a
> designer. I am only trying to create a bridge between the Zope 3 developers
> and the designers. Arnia said that he would like to use the Cocoon pipeline
> XML, since it is well-documented and understood.

Before we think about adopting some XML syntax, technology like XSLT or
even a whole concept like pipelines, it would be good to have a clear
understanding of what the actual problem is.

Yes, skins and layers are unique to Zope, but is that really that bad?
CMF's jargon unfortunately mixes 'skin' and 'layer' a lot. People often
say 'skin' when they really mean 'layer'. Stuff like that makes it more
confusing than it already might be (if it is at all). I think the layer
concept is a good one and unless someone says what actually is wrong
with it and how to solve the problems layers solve with the same
benefits, we're not getting anywhere...

Philipp