[Zope3-dev] Re: [ZODB-Dev] Proposal: cvs to subversion transitionMay 11 (?)

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Thu May 6 01:01:36 EDT 2004

[Phillip J. Eby]
>> FYI, some modules are very oddly formatted when you view them.  For
>> example, see:

<http://svn.zope.org/Zope3/trunk/src/zope/testing/doctest.py?rev=13707&view
=auto>

>> which suddenly stops being preformatted text, midway through the module.

[Jim Fulton]
> Weird,
>
> Do you have any other examples.

Sure, like

    http://svn.zope.org/ZODB/trunk/NEWS.txt?rev=3561&view=markup

and

    http://svn.zope.org/ZODB/trunk/test.py?rev=3561&view=markup

My algorithm:

1. Look for a "large" file.

2. View it.

3. Done <wink>.

> Perhaps that's why this version of viewcvs hasn't been released yet. :(
>
> (There is no released version of ViewCVS that supports subversion.)
>
> Has anyone had this problem with subversion on other projects?

That I don't know about.  Looking at the source for these pages, it's
consistently putting a </pre> tag much earlier than it should be.  It's even
possible that the </pre> tag is at the same offset in all these examples
(didn't check, but offhand it looks plausible).