[Zope3-dev] RE: [Zope-Coders] Re: Proposal: cvs to subversion transitionMay 11 (?)

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Thu May 6 15:53:09 EDT 2004

[Tim Peters]
>> Looking at the source for these pages, it's consistently putting a
>> </pre> tag much earlier than it should be.  It's even possible
>> that the </pre> tag is at the same offset in all these examples
>> (didn't check, but offhand it looks plausible).

[Steve Alexander]
> In the example I looked at, it seems to insert the </pre> 0x2000
> characters into the original source.

I checked a few others, and it's not exact -- the </pre> tag always comes
*close* to 8K bytes after the <pre> tag it's supposed to close, but the
exact number varies across examples.

I looked at the viewcvs source just long enough to note that some parts use
a buffer chunk size of 8192.  Then I punted, and filed a (poor) bug report:

    [ 949445 ] Premature </pre> tags, large files, svn

<http://sf.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=949445&group_id=18760&atid=
118760>