[Zope3-dev] adding interface imports to __init__.py

Garrett Smith garrett at mojave-corp.com
Fri May 7 18:06:32 EDT 2004

I know we're pushing toward a beta release, and there's plenty of other
work to do, but...

I'm starting to add interface imports to my __init__.py files to avoid
the _massive_ propogation of the word 'interfaces' throughout our
sourcecode. I'm really, really like the result.

In the spirit of the namegeddoning of late, is this something to
consider for Zope? For example:

   zope.app.annotation.interfaces.IAttributeAnnotatable

becomes:

   zope.app.annotation.IAttributeAnnotatable

Note that I'm suggesting adding imports to __init__.py, not doing away
with the interface modules.

  -- Garrett