[Zope3-dev] super-mini proposal for doctestunit.py

Garrett Smith garrett at mojave-corp.com
Sat May 8 14:19:35 EDT 2004

We're making extensive use of doctests and have copied and pasted the
code from zope/testing/doctestunit.py because it's unusable outside its
package.

I'd like to make the following change, which opens up the function for
general use:

90c90,98
< def DocFileSuite(*paths):
---
 > def DocFileSuite(package, *paths):
 >     """Creates a suite of doctest files.
 >
 >     package is the source package containing the doctest files.
 >
 >     Each subsequent argument is a string specifying the file name of the
 >     doctest relative to the package.
 >     """

99c107
<     dir = os.path.split(__file__)[0]
---
 >     dir = os.path.split(package.__file__)[0]

This change has no impact on the Zope core, but I wanted to check with
the list in case it would break anyone's exsiting testing.

  -- Garrett