[Zope3-dev] Using a RDBMS with Zope3 (was: Re: Zope X3 3.0.0 alpha 1 released)

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Thu May 20 09:55:57 EDT 2004

Sidnei,

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 10:35:12AM -0300, Sidnei da Silva wrote:

| ... And you can still use something else if you dont like it. We, for
| a fact, used just the connectors and the transaction
| registration. Everything else is handled by SQLObject. Meaning near
| *zero* custom SQL written.

Could you provide an example showing how you organized this?  I want
to do the same thing on a project.  I've looked at SQLObject and
understand how to use it with the connection string hard-coded in a
module.  I haven't yet tried to figure out how Z3 handles RDBMS
connections.  I would really like some pointers on the "right way" :-)
to approach this.

Thanks,
-D

--
"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user' as
meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver."

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber: dman at dman13.dyndns.org