[Zope3-dev] 404 Error pages

Barry Pederson bp at barryp.org
Sun May 23 17:18:58 EDT 2004

I just entered an item in the collector about Zope3 not returning HTTP
404 error codes for requests that aren't found
(http://collector.zope.org/Zope3-dev/212), and that got me wondering...

What would be the best way to setup a custom 404 error page in Zope3,
assuming you might want different pages for different sites within your
installation?

TTW with an index.html view of zope.publisher.interfaces.NotFound as is
done in src/zope/app/exception/browser/configure.zcml?  (shouldn't that
be INotFound instead of NotFound anyhow?)  It seemed like a plausible
plan assuming any PageTemplates setup TTW overrode what was in ZCML.

I tried that but it didn't work - wasn't sure if it was a bad plan,
something just not implemented yet, or loose nut on the keyboard :)

	Barry