[Zope3-dev] Looks like a bug in zope/component/localservice

Scott A. Pascoe manager at planneditsolutions.com
Tue May 25 01:19:59 EDT 2004

Hi,

I synced up to the head tonight, ran tests; got some errors from the split if fssync in registration.  Got those fixed, but then doing the following in Zope3:

Click on top, login

Click on Manage Site

Click on Services

Causes Z3 to throw an error

In zope/app/component/__init__.py that IGlobalServiceService is not defined; sure enough, it isn’t.  I saw that the code was changed from IGlobalServiceManager to IGlobalServiceService, so I tried a simplistic change it back and got through that problem and on to the next.

Line 353 tries to use getLocalService(sm); getLocalService is commented out in zope/component/localservice.py;

I’m still two new to understand, and its too late at night.  I tried uncommenting the getLocalService and queryLocalService, but getLocalService requires two parameters and I got lost.

Any ideas on how to resolve this one?

Thanks,

Scott Pascoe

---