[Zope3-dev] Re: Widget problems? Is there work in progress?

Roger Ineichen r.ineichen at projekt01.ch
Fri May 28 16:21:46 EDT 2004

The method _toFieldValue confuse me a little bit.

My open questions are:

- The attr convert_missing_value means we
get the self._missing back if we set to True
otherwise we get the unicode(value) back?

Should the if statement not looks like this:

if self.convert_missing_value and self._missing:

----
def _toFieldValue(self, input):
    if self.convert_missing_value and input == self._missing:
        value = self.context.missing_value
    else:
        # XXX We convert everything to unicode :-(
        # But I see no other way for to convert the
        # value at the moment.
        try:
            value = unicode(input)
        except ValueError, v:
            raise ConversionError("Invalid integer data", v)

    return decode_html(value)
---

- Should we also convert the _missing? Or not, for
to provide None as possible missing value otherwise
we whould get a u'None'?

- What should we decode in the method decode_html?
Is this for unexcepted use of the TextWidget?
Or why should a <input type="text" value=""> tag
contain HTML Code? The TextAreaWidget does.
This means also we can't store unconverted
HTML tags with this widget or at least '<' and '>'.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen
Roger Ineichen
Projekt01 GmbH
www.projekt01.ch