[Zope3-dev] Re: Third party application configuration

Garrett Smith garrett at mojave-corp.com
Sat May 29 17:33:46 EDT 2004

Tres Seaver wrote:

> ZConfig allows you to register extensions to the schema via the
> '%import' directive:
>
>   http://cvs.zope.org/StandaloneZConfig/ZConfig/doc/zconfig.pdf

Thanks for the reference. From the doc...

"The text to the right of the %import keyword must be the name of a
Python package; the ZConfig component
provided by that package will be loaded and incorporated into the schema
being used to load the configuration file.
_After the import, section types defined in the component may be used in
the configuration._"

(my emphasis)

This doesn't appear to be true. While I can define new section types, I
can't use those types because there's no section defined for the schema.
This mechanism seems to be designed for extending abstract type, not
adding new types.

Might it be possible to define a general purpose abstract type to
support arbitrary extentions in zope.conf?

  -- Garrett