[Zope3-dev] Third party application configuration

Stephan Richter stephan.richter at tufts.edu
Mon May 31 08:51:50 EDT 2004

On Saturday 29 May 2004 14:24, Garrett Smith wrote:
> Our application needs some configuration settings, specifically a path
> to a Java VM and some Java library paths.
>
> Is there a way to tap into Zope's 'zope.conf' machinery? I.e. it would
> be very nice to override our app settings via the command line when
> starting Zope.

I am pretty sure the zope.conf is not extensible at this point; i.e. you
cannot add new sections. Also, Zope will not take additional command line
arguments.

For right now I would write some custom ZCML and place it in the root
directory; this way it is easy to spot. As a long term solution I suggest
writing a proposal that explains this need and provides some approaches.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter