[Zope3-dev] datetimeutil.py for the rest of us

Stephan Richter stephan.richter at tufts.edu
Mon May 31 09:16:25 EDT 2004

On Saturday 29 May 2004 09:16, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 07:44:06AM -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
> | Any improvement to or replacement of this module is welcome. :)
> |
> | It was ported from Zope 2 early on to get something else working.
>
> For the records, there's a 'dateutil' python module by Gustavo
> Niemeyer which is very good at date parsing and even includes support
> for recurrence rules (iCalendar, etc). It's also exceptionally well
> documented imho, and the license is PSF.

As I mentioned to Stuart on IRC, we have already datetime parsing capabilities
in Zope 3 that are set out to replace datetimeutil. It is in zope.i18n. It
has a date parser based on patterns like you have in spreadsheets and ICU.
The current locale support uses the parser and formatter already all the
time.

Regards,
Stephan
--