[Zope3-dev] 404 Error pages

Barry Pederson bp at barryp.org
Mon May 31 10:45:30 EDT 2004

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Sunday 23 May 2004 17:18, Barry Pederson wrote:
>
>>TTW with an index.html view of zope.publisher.interfaces.NotFound as is
>>done in src/zope/app/exception/browser/configure.zcml?  (shouldn't that
>>be INotFound instead of NotFound anyhow?)
>

> Note that you can register views for classes, as it is done here.
>
> The solution to the problem would be to manipulate the return code via the
> HTTPResponse object. This is possible by setting the correct header.

Speaking of 404 errors, I was looking through the cookbook for info on
this topic , and ironically (or appropriately), the section E-8
"Displaying User Errors" comes up in the wiki with a "404 Not Found" page.

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/Zope3Book/DisplayUserErrors

The PDF version of the book seems to have at least an older version of
this section, so that was a bit helpful.

---------

Also, the section F-4 "Changing Traversal Behavior" seems to be missing
from the wiki, but is in the PDF.

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/Zope3Book/ChangingTraversalBehavior

	Barry