[Zope3-dev] Unicode problems

Bjorn Tillenius bjoti777 at student.liu.se
Mon May 31 17:50:35 EDT 2004

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 08:45:54AM -0400, Stephan Richter wrote:
> The question to ask is where the conversion is supposed to be located. Until
> now, we have always kept the conversion to and from unicode in IRequest and
> IResponse. However, if you have good reasons to make an exception for the
> PATH_INFO, then go ahead and fix the problem. Make sure you document and test
> everything well.

Actually, one of the reasons I brought this up was that I didn't know where
to put the conversion. I don't have a reason for putting it outside IRequest,
I just suggested the easiest solution I could think of. sane_environment in
zope/publisher/http.py seems like a good candidate for doing the conversion.
I will add it there and write some tests tomorrow.

Regards,
  Bjorn