[Zope3-dev] SVN problem since sunday

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 10:21:24 EST 2004

[Roger Ineichen]
> I can't commit and checkout the z3 trunk repos.
> There is a "Connection closed unexpectedly" error.
>
> I use TortoiseSVN. Perhaps the wrong version?
>
> Did somebody update the subersion server? Which SVN version
> is running on svn.zope.org?

I see this too using TortoiseSVN. I have no problems using TortoisSVN
to update ZODB, but trying to update Zope3 or zdaemon that way yields
"Connection closed unexpectedly".

Maybe a clue:  when I just tried to update Zope (not Zope3) via
cmdline svn, I got this:

C:\Code\Zope>svn up
svn: Berkeley DB error while opening 'uuids' table for filesystem
/svn/repos/main/db:
Cannot allocate memory

So I think Berkeley is hosed even if nobody agrees.

In the meantime, my local Zope3 checkout is hosed now too:

C:\Code\Zope3>svn up
svn: Working copy '.' locked
svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for details)

C:\Code\Zope3>svn cleanup
svn: Can't open directory
'src/zope/app/demo/jobboard/locale/nl/.svn/tmp': The system cannot
find the path specified.

C:\Code\Zope3>svn up
svn: Working copy '.' locked
svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for details)

I could spend all day doing this <wink>.